WE OFFER CLASSES IN THE ARTWORK OF BEADING. THE INSTRUCTORS AT KNOT JUST BEADS HAVE A COMBINED TEACHING EXPERIENCE OF OVER 40 YEARS. WE ARE DEDICATED TO THE ART OF BEADWORK AS WELL AS THE KNOWLEDGE OF TECHNIQUES USED. OUR INSTRUCTORS WILL USE THEIR EXPERTISE TO LEAD YOU THROUGH AN EXPLORATION OF BEADWORK THAT IS UNPARALLELED. YOU WILL LEAVE CLASS NOT ONLY WITH THE UNDERSTANDING OF HOW A TECHNIQUE PERTAINS TO THE PROJECT AT HAND, BUT YOU WILL ALSO BE ABLE TO TAKE THAT TECHNIQUE AND CREATE YOUR OWN WONDERFUL BEADED OBJECTS OF ART
Need a place to just get away for the day or a few hours and bead. Try our Free Open Bead. Every Friday we offer a Free open bead session. Relax in the serenity of our classroom while you work on your projects. This is a non instructional time for you to get any craft project done(or started). Join others who share your enthusiasm for crafting. Bring a lunch or order out. Staff is available to help with basic questions. Come and join the girls for a fun afternoon.
SEPTMEBER / OCTOBER CLASSES
NEW MYSTERY CLASS: Back by request! Join us for this interactive class in which participants do not know the out come until all the pieces are put together! Pre class prep work.
FEE: $20.00 Saturday, Sept 1 10:30-12:30
NEW BUTTERFLY KISSES: Kiss butterfly wings of Zoliduos with beaded surface embellishments. This bracelet class is perfect for any skill level.
FEE: $20.00 Saturday, Sept 8 10:30-12:30
NEW RAMS HEAD BEADED BEAD: In this unique beaded bead class students will use an altered version of Cellini spiral to create a beaded bead.
FEE: $20.00 Saturday, Sept 8 2:00-4:00
JULIA PRETL SNOWMAN BOX: We are pleased to announce that Julia Pretl has granted us permission to teach her Snowman Box. This is an ADVANCED PEYOTE stitch class and students should be completely comfortable working in Peyote stitch. This two session class will cover reading a 3D pattern, and all aspects of the box construction. There is a separate pattern fee, see store for details.
FEE: $30.00. Saturday, Sept 15 & 22 10:30-12:30
ENCORE PRESENTATION - FREE DEMO: Join us for a FREE demo on Diagonal Peyote stitch. Add this technique to your bead weaving skills. Demos will be ongoing from 2:00 - 4:00 and the classroom will be available for those wishing to practice this newly learned technique. Come have a beady good time.
Saturday, Sept 15 2:00-4:00
ON THE PLUS SIDE: Make a positive addition to your jewelry wardrobe with this eye-catching pendant! Use Nib Bits, seed beads, and 4mm rounds or bicones to capture a glass disk for a pendant you’ll want in a variety of colors. Instructions for a matching bracelet will be included.
FEE: $20.00 Saturday, Sept 22 2:00-4:00
NEW THE ZIPPER: Using a basic beadweaving stitch, students will combine multiple sizes of Tila beads to create an edgy zig zag bracelet.
FEE: $20.00. Saturday, Sept 29 10:30-12:30
JULIA PRETL CLUB SESSION: If you’ve taken a Julia Pretl box class at the store you are welcome to join us for any and all Julia Pretl Club session. Continue working on a box or start a new one. You must pre register for these sessions by stopping in or calling the shop.
FEE: free Saturday, Sept 29 2:00-4:00
BUILD A BETTER BEZEL: You bought a Lunasoft cab, etched metal disc, fused glass cab, or polymer clay cab, but how do you turn it into a pendant? Learn a quick bezel technique using adorable, two-holed Super8 beads. This technique can easily be adjusted to work with almost any size or shape of component. Add a scalloped bail and maybe some loops or fringe, and you’ll be wearing your beautiful new pendant in no time! The class covers 24mm Lunasoft round cabs, but blueprints will be included for all sizes and shapes of Lunasoft cabs plus several sizes and types of other components.
FEE: $25.00 Saturday, Oct 6 10:30-1:30
NEW SANTA BRACELET: Learn 2 drop peyote stitch while creating a whimsical Santa bracelet. Class is free is the purchase of the bead kit pack of $15.00 Participants MUST register and pay kit fee.
FEE: FREE Saturday, Oct. 13 10:30-12:30
JULIA PRETL SANTA BOX: We are pleased to announce that Julia Pretl has granted us permission to teach her Santa Box. This is an ADVANCED PEYOTE stitch class and students should be completely comfortable working in Peyote stitch. This two session class will cover reading a 3D pattern, and all aspects of the box construction. There is a separate pattern fee, see store for details.
FEE: $30.00. FULL Saturday,Oct 20 & 27 10:30-12:30
ETSY & LAMPWORK CLASSES
The following classes are scheduled on a one on one basis. Contact the store for available times.
INTRO TO GLASS BEADMAKING: Learn the art of making glass beads from Milwaukee's only nationally exhibiting lampwork glass Artist, ROBERT JENNIK. Robert has over 15 years of hot glass experience with Moretti glass and has taught at the Bead & Button Show. Enjoy the quiet, meditative experience of melting glass with the Minor Bench Burner torch while you create lampwork beads of your own. Limit 2 students. Class fee includes supplies. FEE: $80.00/ 4 hours
ALL ABOUT ETSY This class offers some quick solutions to allow you to sell items online. The basics in photographing small items, such as beaded jewelry will be demonstrated. Manipulation of photos in ADOBE PHOTOSHOP will be shown. The second half of this class will be a live online setup of your very own Etsy.com site. This class will take place using a MACINTOSH IMAC computer system. Topics will include: 1) Linking to a paypal account to allow people around the world to purchase from your shop. 2) How to place keywords to enable others to find your site using the GOOGLE search engine. 3) How to set-up sections, shipping options, and load items to sell. Students will receive up to 10 images of your jewelry ready to load to their Etsy web site. FEE: $45.00/ 3 hours
THE FINE PRINT
1) All class fees are due in full at the time of registration, and are non-refundable, and non-transferable. Registration may be done in person, with Mastercard, Visa, Discover or cash. Due to the popularity of our classes we are unable to hold any spaces without payment of class fee. Deadline to register for any of the classes is 3 days prior to the start of that class. However, we advise that you register early as classes fill quickly. In the event of a cancellation, you will be notified within 1 day of the start of the class.Refunds will be issued in the form of a store credit.
2) Classes are for adults only, knot just beads® defines an adult as any person 18 years of age or older.
3) A minimum of 3 students is required to hold any class.
4) Class fees do not include supplies unless otherwise noted. Supply lists will be given upon registration of class.
5) Should you register for a class that requires a prerequisite and you do not meet that prerequisite you will be removed from the class and forfeit your class fee.
6) All classes start promptly at times stated. PLEASE be courteous to fellow class members by being on time. If you are more than 5 minutes late for a class you will not be allowed into the class and you will forfeit your class fee.
7) Not all projects will be completed in class.
8) All written material given in the class is copywritten and thereby protected by copyright laws.
9) Should you miss a class, any class materials and/or supplies will be held for you for 30 days from the date of the class. Materials and/or supplies can be picked up at Knot Just Beads during regular store hours.
10) If you miss a I.A.Q. class the materials will not be held for you.
Samples of all classes are on display in the store.
All classes will be held at knot just beads®.
knot just beads® reserves the right to refuse
class registration to any one person or persons.